25 March 2010

A Digression About Digressions

I'm practically at fever pitch trying to figure out how I'll finish all this while I'm also reading PT journals and proofreading output projects and grading essays and calculating averages and writing comments this weekend.  I realize I've got no one to blame but myself for having fallen behind in the things, but I think what I'm finding over and over is that the internet is cruel and addictive!  I come to my tablet with the best of intentions and get engrossed in one thing, but then I follow a link to something else that interests me.  And while I'm checking that site out, I find another link that beckons to me.  And then another, and another, and another, and suddenly I'm engaged in something that has nothing at all to do with a thing, but has been interesting.  Yikes.

Perhaps what I need most to find in this project is a way for my computer to monitor my browsing and keep me on task.  That sounds more Big Brother than Web 2.0, but it might help.

3 comments:

  1. I found it helped if I had a set amount of time for each Thing. Now, I did go over but it did help me stay fairly focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was so many activities going on over the last ten weeks, it was not hard to fall behind! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you need to give yourself a break and work on 23 Things over the upcoming break.

    ReplyDelete