19 April 2010

Thing 15: Screencast-O-Matic

Screencasts are useful and fun, and ridiculously easy to make. I really couldn't believe how easy it was. I can see immediately how awesome these would be for computer and technology teachers who are constantly having to explain where to navigate a mouse or to open a folder inside a folder inside a folder...

I'm not actually overwhelmed though by the possibilities they have in my classroom. As a literature teacher, I tend to be much more interested in the products that are created on the web than I am in how they're created; screencasts seem like great ways to show a process, but I'm struggling to think of instances in which the process a student completes on her computer would be of interest for me.  I'll keep thinking about that one...

Still, I do think that the application is a good one - and I was impressed by how simple it was to make my screencast.  Here it is:

1 comment: